James Cameron’s Avatar: The Way of Water is available to buy TODAY exclusively on all major digital retailers including Apple TV, Prime Video, Vudu, Google Play, and Movies Anywhere. The film is visually stunning and definitely one you’ll want to add to your digital collection. Read on for more details in our Avatar: The Way of Water Review.
This is a partnered post. All opinions are my own.
Avatar: The Way of Water Review
About the film: Set more than a decade after the events of the first film, Avatar: The Way of Water launches the story of the Sully family (Jake, Neytiri, and their kids), the trouble that follows them, the lengths they go to keep each other safe, the battles they fight to stay alive, and the tragedies they endure.
All of this against the breathtaking backdrop of Pandora, where audiences are introduced to new Na’vi cultures and a range of exotic sea creatures that populate the majestic oceans. Nominated for numerous Academy Awards® including Best Picture, the James Cameron-directed film became the third highest-grossing box office film of all-time and set a new benchmark for visual effects.
Some of the included Bonus Features* (vary by retailer)
Inside Pandora’s Box (A series of featurettes on the challenges facing cast and crew as filmmakers devise new technologies to push the limits of cinema)
- Building the World of Pandora – James Cameron and a team of talented artists combine years of research with their design skills to build the world of Pandora with new characters, creatures, indigenous clans, underwater environments, and the take-no-prisoners hard-tech world of the RDA.
- Capturing Pandora – James Cameron’s approach to performance capture has the cast performing in a volume rigged with infrared cameras to capture their movement, and head rig cameras to capture emotion on their faces with only the boundaries of imagination to limit them.
- Pandora’s Next Generation – Meet the talented young newcomers who have been cast as the next generation of Na’vi and follow them through the adventure of making Avatar: The Way of Water.
- Bringing Pandora to Life – Once James Cameron completes his virtual production process, every sequence is turned over to Weta FX to bring Pandora to life – with unprecedented advancements in facial performance, environments and making CG water look real.
- Stunts – The Avatar stunt team isn’t just creating breathtaking action, they’re driving the story. From racing underwater on ilus, flying the skies on ikrans, to maneuvering RDA speed boats, the stunt team leaves you breathless and wanting more.
Nothing Is Lost (You Give Me Strength) Music Video – Multi-Grammy-winning, music superstar, The Weeknd, performs his emotionally packed end title song in the official music video for the smash hit “Nothing Is Lost (You Give Me Strength).”
Our thoughts on the film:
The film is full of action and adventure, and the visual effects are simply breathtaking. The use of 3D technology is immersive and effective. The cast is also excellent, with Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldaña reprising their roles from the first film, and Sigourney Weaver returning in a new role.
The movie is a great example of the power of storytelling. The film tells a very moving story about family, love, and loss, and it really stays with you long after you’ve seen it.
Overall, Avatar: The Way of Water is a must-see for fans of science fiction and action films!
Avatar: The Way of Water Trailer
Avatar: The Way of Water Giveaway!
Enter for your chance to win a digital code for the film below