I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Sprint. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
As a #SprintMom Ambassador I have the opportunity to test out some of the hottest gadgets on the market. In September, I shared my experience with the NETGEAR portable wi-fi hotspot, which keeps my family connected while on the go. And this month I have two new gadgets to share with you, the Moto X Smartphone and fitbit flex.
Starting with the Moto X, an Android phone with Google Mobile™ wireless services. It’s loaded with features including:
- Touchless Control – Without touching the phone at all, users can check the weather, get directions, or do just about anything—just by saying “OK Google Now” Because it learns their voice and with the power of Google Now, Moto X doesn’t guess like other phones do.
- Active Display – Moto X is always paying attention. Information quietly appears on the screen to tell customers what they need to know.
- Quick Capture – Just with two twists of the wrist, Moto X is ready to shoot. Touch anywhere on the screen, and you’ll get an amazing shot. All in just a few seconds.
- Motorola Connect – Provides in-browser notifications
- Dual Cameras: 10 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash, 4 X digital zoom and video capture, 2 MP front-facing with video capture
- Sprint TV® and Movies, with more than 15 channels of live sports, live breaking news and full episodes of the most popular daytime, primetime and kids entertainment
- Sprint Music Plus, a full-featured music store and player for music tracks, ringtones, and ringback tones, including millions of DRM-free music tracks and tones updated daily
There’s never a dull moment around here with two little ones, and while working from home. Many days are filled with errands, sports activities, blogger events, and more. I’ve found the touchless control feature on the Moto X to be incredibly helpful and safe.
By saying my command words, “okay google now” the first screen above pops up. I can say help for a list of commands or simply ask my phone what I’d like it to find. It can call a friend, find directions, and even Google an answer I need! It keeps my eyes on the road so I’m not busy messing with my phone. I really love this feature.
The camera quality is another feature that stood out to me. It took clearer pictures than my iPhone 4, and was simple to navigate. Now let’s talk specifics: The phone display is large with a 4.7 inch main display. The Moto X weighs in at just 4.6 oz and the dimensions are 5.1 x 2.6 x 0.22-0.41 inches. It has a slim design and is lightweight in size.
Next up is the fitbit flex, a wireless activity and sleep wristband. The fitbit flex is available at Sprint! When purchased at Sprint, you’ll have unlimited data – which makes it convenient to sync your fit bit data on-the-go as often as you want without worrying about overages on your wireless bill.
The box includes a small and large wristband, flex tracker, charging cable and wireless dongle to keep your stats updated frequently. It compatible with both iPhone and Android phones with a free downloadable app, and you can check your stats anytime on the fitbit website.
Here’s some of the great features included with the fitbit flex:
- It tracks your steps, distance, calories burned, and active minutes
- It monitors your sleep pattern
- Easy to wear, slim, and comfortable wristband
- It’s water-resistant, wear it in the shower!
- Log food, weight, and more easily through fitbit’s app or website
- Set goals, view progress, and earn badges
The above picture displays my stats for a busy day here at home. We had a garage sale, I took my lil guy to and from school, ran to the grocery store, and hubby and I had a much needed date night thanks to my mom being in town. It’s really easy to check my stats throughout the day using the fitbit app. With a couple of glances throughout the day to see my progress it either motivates me to get moving or take a break.
I’ve always wondered how much quality sleep I was getting, especially since having babies. So I was really interested to see what the fitibit flex data would tell me. Using the fitbit website, which provides more detailed information than the app, this is one of my highest quality sleep days.
98%!! Most days were low 90’s for sleep efficiency and included between 12-25 times of restlessness. Partially due to our 2-year-old sneaking his way into our bed around 2am each morning and interrupting my sleep pattern. Overall, I really like the fitbit flex and recommend it to anyone who’s looking for a great motivator to stay focused on goals for sleeping, eating, and staying fit. The rubber prongs on the band are a bit stubborn at first to connect, but after a few days it’s a breeze to take the band on and off.
Head to Sprint.com to learn more about these two gadgets, and how they can fit into your lifestyle.