Many people travel home for the holidays, however traveling, especially with little ones can become quite stressful. Here’s some surefire tips to help ease the stress and make the holidays more enjoyable:
- Get Digital – Make sure you have plenty of entertainment on your tablet, e-reader, laptop, portable DVD player, or smartphone ready to go. Don’t wait until the last minute. Download fresh content on them now and travel with ease.
- Give yourself extra time – Whether you’re driving or flying, be prepared for delays by giving yourself and extra 30 minutes (minimum).
- Have snacks – Never leave home without food. You never know what kind of delays might be ahead, plus kids are always hungry, right? It’s not only helpful to have snacks on hand, but also saves you money from paying for overpriced food elsewhere.
Are guests visiting you? Even the entertainer get’s stressed out. Make the holidays less stressful with these tips:
- Stick to tried-and-true recipes – People visit you for a reason. 😉 Keep those delicious recipes you’ve prepared for years in the rotation.
- Shop early – The grocery stores get busier as time gets closer to the holidays, which can cause stress.
- Cut corners – Look for shortcuts at the supermarket, such as pre-cut onions and celery. It’s like having your own sous-chef and could cut your prep time in half.
Most importantly, remember what the holidays are really meant for….having fun!
Speaking of fun, don’t forget to help the kids create a digital parade float at ritzparade.com, while you score a good deal or recipe. And check out this awesome Wrapping Rappers video that will crack you up!