In celebration of Captain Marvel hitting theaters today – we’re sharing this amazing recipe for Captain Marvel cupcakes! Topped with fondant art, these themed cupcakes are perfect for a viewing party, birthday or any other celebration. Grab the superhero recipe below!
As someone who’s a big Marvel fan, I couldn’t wait to see the film. I attended an early screening with my 8 year old at the beginning of this week, and I was completely blown away! This film is a must-see for all Marvel fans because it answers a lot of questions pre-Avengers. Not to mention Carol Danvers is a total bad a$$! See my no-spoiler review below.
How to Make Captain Marvel Cupcakes
Okay, let’s get back to these superhero cupcakes!
Fondant art piece ingredients:
- Using a cutting board, lightly sprinkle some powdered sugar onto the board and roll out the red fondant to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut out 6 circles.
- Repeat the steps with the blue fondant.
- Take a fondant cutter and cut a triangle in the middle of the circle.
- Separate the two parts and place the top of the red circle into the opening of the bottom of the blue circle as shown in the image below.
- Lightly wet your finger with water and run it along the line where the two colors meet. The water will act as a glue. Allow to dry for 1 hour.
- Squeeze the yellow cookie icing into the piping bag.
- Pipe out the star for Captain Marvels logo. Allow to dry for 2 hours.
Captain Marvel Cupcakes Ingredients:
1 box of white cake mix
Water, vegetable oil, and eggs (follow instructions on the back of box)
2 Cups unsalted sweet cream butter (softened)
5 Cups powder sugar
2 tsp vanilla
6-10 tbsp heavy whipping cream
Sky blue, red, and golden yellow gel food coloring
1 disposable piping bag with a star piping tip
3 mixing bowls
Captain Marvel Cupcakes Directions:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cupcake pan with liners.
- Make cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes.
- Divide the prepared cake mix into 3 small bowls.
- Add 5 drops of the red gel food coloring in the first bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Add 4 drops of the sky blue gel food coloring in the second bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Add 3 drops of golden yellow gel food coloring in the third bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Alternate spoonfuls of the colored cake mix in each of the cupcake liners. Fill cupcake liners 3/4’s full.
- Bake in the oven for 22 minutes
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix on medium speed.
- Mix until you see stiffed peaks in your frosting.
- Once the frosting is made, divide equally into 3 bowls
- Add 5 drops of red gel food coloring into the first bowl. Stir well to mix the color throughout all of the frosting.
- Add 4 drops of sky blue gel food coloring in the 2nd bowl of frosting. Stir to mix well.
- Add 3 drops of golden yellow gel food coloring in the 3rd bowl. Stir to mix the color throughout the frosting.
- Put a large tip in a large pastry bag. Scoop the red frosting into the pastry bag on one side of the bag,
- Scoop the sky blue frosting into the pastry bag on another side of the pastry bag.
- Scoop the golden yellow frosting into the remaining side of the pastry bag.
- Squeeze the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Frost each cupcake.
- Carefully place the fondant piece onto the top of the frosting. Enjoy!
You will be one superhero mom when you serve up these Captain Marvel cupcakes! 😉