I’ve partnered with H&R Block & The Motherhood, but opinions are my own.
H&R Block is asking teachers across America How BIG is a Billion? That’s how many dollars are left behind each year when people do their own taxes. Because a billion dollars is so hard to imagine H&R Block has created this fun contest to help visualize just how much a billion dollars looks like, while giving back to our schools.
The H&R Block How Big is a Billion contest is a new educational program that asks teachers to turn the idea of a billion dollars into a math assignment for a chance to win a $3,000 grant.
With my husband being an Elementary Assistant Principal, I asked him to spread the news to his teachers about this awesome contest. He’s posed the challenge to his 4th and 5th grade teams to get their students involved and help illustrate the concept of a billion dollars. Teachers will select 8 of their very best illustrations to upload to the H&R Block Dollars & Sense Facebook page.
Here’s a few great examples for the How BIG is a Billion Contest:
That would be some phenomenal birthday present right? So if you work in the educational field, or know someone who does, consider passing along this great contest. Hurry, the contest runs through March 14!
Here’s some additional details about the How BIG is a Billion Contest:
- Submissions should be square image, minimum size 650×650 pixels, with description of math and research utilized to create the example of the size of $1 billion.
- There are three prize categories: Elementary School (grades 4-6), Middle School (7-9) and High School (10-12) and each level will be awarded a Grand Prize ($3,000 grant), 2nd place ($2,000 grant) and 3rd place ($1,000 grant).
- The first 50 entering educators will receive a $50 bank Gift Card!
H&R Block has teamed up with WeAreTeachers, an online resource for lesson plans, professional development resources, grants and contests for teachers, to select the finalists and help encourage participation. H&R Block will select the grand prize winners.
- Entries will be evaluated based on accuracy and creativity.
- The contest is open to teachers and homeschool educators.
- Each participant can submit up to eight entries.
Additionally, I would love for your to join me and a few other fabulous bloggers for the #HowBigIsABillion Twitter party w/ @HRBlock.
Where: We’ll be on Twitter – follow the #HowBigIsABillion hashtag to track the conversation. You can see the details and RSVP via this Twtvite: http://twtvite.com/
Prizes: (5) $200 Bank Gift Cards will be given out throughout the party for participants who answer the trivia questions correctly. (No purchase necessary. Entrants must be legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older.)
Please follow myself Lovesmytwoboys, along with hosts @theMotherhood, @theMotherhood25, @CooperMunroe, @EmilyMcKhann, and @HRBlock and join us Tuesday for a fun chat. I hope to see you there!
And don’t forget to enter the How BIG is a Billion Contest by March 14th. Good luck!
I’d love to hear what your idea of a billion dollars looks like, leave it below.