Don’t forget this Sunday, November 3rd at 2am is the official “Fall Back” Daylight Saving Time. So before heading to bed, remember to set your clocks back one hour. Yippee an extra hour of sleep, (maybe) unless your kids wake you up!
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) estimates that 28 million homes are at risk because they either don’t have smoke alarms or their smoke alarms do not work, mostly due to dead or missing batteries. Energizer and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) have worked for decades to change those numbers with the Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program, and this fall they are continuing that work with firefighters across the country bringing the total number of batteries donated to 5 million.
For 26 years, the Change Your Clock Change Your Battery program has been dedicated to sharing the important reminder to replace the batteries in your home’s smoke and carbon monoxide detectors when you change your clocks for daylight saving time. Together, Energizer and the IAFC are working to combat some alarming statistics:
- Thirty-eight percent of fatal fire injuries occur in homes without working smoke alarms.*
- Twenty-four percent occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries.*
Visit Energizer.com for helpful tips and information about fire safety and more! Energizer wants to help your family by offering a Family Safety Kit complete (ARV $60) with:
- One 16-pack Energizer® MAX® AA Batteries years
- One 1-pack of Energizer® MAX® 9 volt batteries
- One Energizer® Weatheready® LED Safety Light flashlight – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries
- One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
- and Resusable Shopping Tote
Enter below for your chance to win a Family Safety Kit!
Not sure how to enter my giveaways?