Have you ever wondered where your food actually comes from? I do! Recently I had the opportunity to tour Wish Farms’ new state-of-the-art organic blueberry farm, which inspired me to create this delicious blueberry banana trifle recipe. It’s so light and delicious – your whole family will love it!
This post is sponsored by Wish Farms in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
The Wish Farms Tour
Before I share that delightful blueberry banana recipe with all of you, I want to tell you a bit more about Wish Farms. This Florida-based, family-owned grower has been in business for more than 90 years! Originally, Wishnatzki Farms, the national produce grower, shipper and marketer is nationally recognized for quality and innovation. Wish Farms is a year-round supplier of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and now raspberries; growing both conventional and organic varieties. They also utilize a patented tool for traceability to ensure quality by printing a unique 16-digit code on each package. Consumers can then go to howsmypicking.com to learn about the farm where their fruit was grown and provide feedback.
My tour included a stop at their 20-acre Misty Organics farm in Alturas, Florida. The director of blueberry operations and co-owner of Misty Organics, Teddy, shared such wonderful information about their farm. It was quite impressive to hear all of the steps their company is taking to deliver the highest quality produce. You can see more on that interview here!
And of course, I had the opportunity to taste test! I sampled five different blueberry varieties while at Misty Organics Farm. We then made fresh yogurt parfaits with organic vanilla yogurt, cinnamon, blueberries, strawberry honey and a granola blend for some crunch. It was scrumptious!
Next, we made our way to Wish Farms processing facility for an exclusive behind the scenes tour. There we had the opportunity to walk the processing line and see all of the steps their company takes to deliver farm to fresh food for the U.S. It was such a nice treat to spend the day at the farm and with Wish Farms executives! Now let’s get to that trifle recipe!
Blueberry Banana Trifle Recipe
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 package of instant banana pudding, prepared
- 1 box angel food cake mix, prepared
- 15-20 lady fingers
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 banana
- Canned whipped cream
- With an electric mixer, start by beating cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and whipping cream on high. Once the ingredients are well-combined, fold in your banana pudding.
- Cut your angel food cake into bite-sized cubes and start assembling your trifle. At the bottom of your trifle bowl, add a layer of angel food cake (portion out half of the cake for this layer and the other half for another layer).
- Next evenly spread 1/3 of your cream cheese mixture on top of the angel food cake.
- Your next layer will be a bed of blueberries (1 ¼ cup).
- The middle layer will be the lady fingers: add a single layer and cut some in half so that they fit evenly in the trifle bowl.
- Spread another 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture on top of the lady fingers. Then top with another 1 ¼ cup blueberries.
- Next, add the remainder of angel food cake, cream cheese mixture, and ½ cup blueberries.
- Add sliced banana and garnish on top of the trifle. Spray whipped cream on top, as desired.
Doesn’t this blueberry banana trifle dessert look incredible? It’s perfect for spring and summer get-togethers and parties.
Check out this recap video of my tour of #WishFarms below:
Wish Farms offers blueberries grown throughout the Southeast United States from April through the first half of June in FL, GA, and NC. Berry farming isn’t just a profession, it’s a way of life. Wish Farms’ berry growers take great pride in caring for the land. And sustainability is a top priority for farmers across the country – that’s why Wish Farms has invested in state-of-the-art technology.
It pays to be a Wish Farms Berry Lover! Sign up to be entered to win a $100 gift card. Receive special offers, season updates, featured recipes and more.
Come back and let me know what you think of the blueberry banana trifle!