Life is busy! I’m always looking for ways to cut corners during meal prep without sacrificing quality. After an eye opening conference last year about America’s food, our family has transitioned towards natural and organic products ever since. Today I’m sharing one of our family’s favorite meals using Horizon products: Baked Mac N Cheese.
Do you like a little crunch with your Mac N Cheese? When shopping for the recipe ingredients, I noticed Horizon’s new Snack Crackers that are made with organic wheat & cheese. I knew these would work perfectly as cracker crumbs over our dish. I also picked up some natural Kielbasa to add to our Baked Mac N Cheese. I usually tell the boys it’s hotdogs and never hear a complaint about it. 😉 If you struggle with getting your kids to eat enough vegetables, this is a great dish for hiding some under all this yumminess!
- 3 boxes Horizon Organic Mac N Cheese
- 3/4 cup Horizon Organic Milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup Horizon Organic Cheese shreds
- 1 cup Horizon Cheddar Snack Crackers
- 1 package Kielbasa Sausage
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and return to the pot.
- Add butter, milk and cheese packet included with Horizon Organic Mac N Cheese. Mix well.
- Slice and cook the Kielbasa on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Then add the Kielbasa to the Mac N Cheese and toss to coat.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the baking dish and top with cracker crumbles. (These can be blended into a food processor, or crumbled by hand)
- Bake on 400 for 10-12 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Your kids will love this dish! I like that the Baked Mac N Cheese is easy to make, and includes organic ingredients I can feel good about providing to my family. Horizon products also include key nutrients like calcium, protein, whole grains, vitamin D and B12, and potassium.
Look for Horizon products at your local grocer and big box retailers. I found them in both the natural/organic aisle and mixed in with similar products. New products from Horizon include Gluten-Free Mac, Fruit Squeezes, Organic Fruit Snacks, Snack Crackers and Grahams.
Stay up to date with the latest Horizon news by following them on Twitter and visiting their Facebook page.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organics. The opinions and text are all mine.