This is a partnered post. All opinions are my own.
The Finest Hours is officially on Blu-ray Combo Pack, Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere today! Based on the acclaimed non-fiction book “The Finest Hours” by Casey Sherman and Michael J. Tougias, the film allows viewers everywhere to follow this true-life story as it unfolds on the screen.
More about The Finest Hours
This heroic action-thriller is based on the extraordinary true story of the greatest small-boat rescue in Coast Guard history. In 1952, a massive winter storm strikes off the coast of Cape Cod, ripping a T-2 oil tanker in half and trapping more than 30 sailors inside its rapidly sinking stern. When word of the disaster reaches the U.S. Coast Guard, four men led by Captain Bernie Webber (Chris Pine) set out in a 12-seat boat on a daring mission to rescue the stranded men, braving freezing cold, 60-foot waves and hurricane-force winds, and guided by Webber’s vow that “We all live, or we all die.” Packed with thrilling, larger-than-life action and anchored in a belief in the strength of the human spirit, The Finest Hours is a triumph.
Bonus Features include:
- AGAINST ALL ODDS: THE BERNIE WEBBER STORY – Visit the quaint and close-knit town of Chatham, and experience the events surrounding the most heroic Coast Guard rescue ever through the eyes of the people who witnessed them.
- BROTHERHOOD – Cast members reflect on the bonds they forged during the shoot.
- TWO CREWS – Chris Pine and Casey Affleck share insights into Bernie Webber and Ray Sybert, men who led their respective crews against all odds.
- WHAT IS YOUR FINEST HOUR? – A Coast Guard member recounts an incredible rescue.
- THE FINEST INSPIRATION: THE U.S. COAST GUARD Meet the people who put their lives on the line for others.
o A Desperate Idea
o The Story of How They Met
Check out this deleted scene to learn how Bernie meets his true love:
My husband and I enjoyed a movie night in while watching The Finest Hours. It’s a wonderful tale that will leave you on the edge of your seat for the entirety of the film. You won’t want to miss this true-life account! I definitely recommend adding this latest Disney film to your movie library.