Today’s post is provided by Nature’s Harvest® bread . The opinions expressed in this post are my own.
Disney’s “Finding Dory” is officially in theater’s today! What better way to celebrate than with a Dory themed lunch, right?! These under the sea sandwiches were a big hit with my boys, and I think your kids will love them too! Plus, if you’re planning a Finding Dory party, these adorable sandwiches will fit right in.
About “Finding Dory”:
Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Dory” welcomes back to the big screen everyone’s favorite forgetful blue tang Dory (voice of Ellen DeGeneres), who’s living happily in the reef with Nemo (voice of Hayden Rolence) and Marlin (voice of Albert Brooks). When Dory suddenly remembers that she has a family out there who may be looking for her, the trio takes off on a life-changing adventure across the ocean to California’s prestigious Marine Life Institute, a rehabilitation center and aquarium. In an effort to find her mom (voice of Diane Keaton) and dad (voice of Eugene Levy), Dory enlists the help of three of the MLI’s most intriguing residents: Hank (voice of Ed O’Neill), a cantankerous octopus who frequently gives employees the slip; Bailey (voice of Ty Burrell), a beluga whale who is convinced his biological sonar skills are on the fritz; and Destiny (voice of Kaitlin Olson), a nearsighted whale shark. Deftly navigating the complex innerworkings of the MLI, Dory and her friends discover the magic within their flaws, friendships and family.
Finding Dory Lunch for Kids
- 8 slices of Nature’s Harvest® bread
- Peanut butter
- Baby Spring Mix salad
Special tools: sea lion, whale, octopus and seashell cookie cutters – you can find some here.
Using the cookie cutters and 2 slices of bread, press down to form the whale, sea lion and other sea life animals. You’ll need a total of 8 slices of bread to create all 4 underwater friends. Then spread an even amount of peanut butter and jelly on each cut out and place them together. For the clam, we chose to use turkey slices and cheese, then placed a “blue pearl” (blueberry) inside. Place blueberries and the baby spring salad underneath the sea creature to give the illusion of water and seaweed. I also used a single corner piece from the scraps as the rock for the sea lion.
Voila – you’ve made a “Finding Dory” themed lunch for your kids! Hint: Pin the image below now! 😉
We were lucky enough to get an early screening to see the film. It is absolutely adorable! You and your family will love it. Can you believe it’s been 13 years since Finding Nemo? That’s a long time to wait for a sequel, but oh so worth the wait!
“Finding Dory” Movie Fun Facts
- 103,639 total storyboards were delivered to editorial (49,651 were delivered for “Toy Story 3”).
- 16,091 fish are swimming in the Open Ocean exhibit at the Marine Life Institute.
- 5,000 stingrays take part in the stingray migration.
- 1,108 fish are in quarantine at the Marine Life Institute.
- 118 weeks were required of the team of technical directors who were responsible for building and articulating Hank.
- 51 minutes of the film include crowds characters (which is more than double that of an average Pixar film).
- 22 weeks were spent shading Hank to give him extra texture and color, as well as making it possible for him to camouflage himself. (An average character takes less than eight weeks.)
- 13 years have passed since “Finding Nemo” opened.
- 4 Oscar® nominations went to “Finding Nemo.” The film won best animated feature—it was the first Pixar movie to win the award.
Moms can feel good about serving their families Nature’s Harvest® bread because it’s not baked with artificial flavors, colors or high fructose corn syrup. Nature’s Harvest® bread is available at major retailers, and available in 4 varieties: 100% Whole Wheat bread, Honey Wheat Made with Whole Grain bread, Butter Wheat Made With Whole Grain bread, and Honey 7 Grain bread.
Now through July, fans can purchase any four Nature’s Harvest® breads and receive a free, limited edition Dory TY® Sparkle Eye Beanie Boo™ plush toy. Swim by www.wholegrainsplash.com for more info!
Make a Splash with Whole Grains Sweepstakes:
- Nature’s Harvest® bread will be accepting entries for the Make A Splash with Whole Grains Facebook Sweepstakes from April 28 to July 7. See official rules here.
- All entrants will have the chance to win weekly prizes, including movie tickets, autographed posters and more.
- No purchase necessary
Enter below for your chance to win (2) fish-shaped cookie cutters & (1) coupon valid for up to $5 off any Nature’s Harvest® bread!
Not sure how to enter my giveaways?