H&R Block, Inc. is the world’s largest tax services provider, having prepared more than 600 million tax returns worldwide since 1955. Despite the IRS announcement that the tax season kickoff will be delayed, H&R Block At Home is up to date with the current tax laws and available now for taxpayers to begin preparing their income tax returns. In its 16th tax season of providing do-it-yourself tax preparation solutions, H&R Block has unveiled an improved suite of H&R Block At Home products and a $100,000 Facebook contest.
My husband I have used H&R Block at Home to prepare our tax returns for the last several years. We are appreciate the ease of the online tax program. Plus with a max refund guarantee, we have comfort in knowing we’re getting the most back on our tax return. The support is outstanding as well! Once you’ve filed with H&R Block at Home, the next tax year that you use their program it will pre-fill information for you, making it time effective and easier on you.
New this year is the H&R Block at Home real-time chat:
H&R Block At Home Now offers real-time chat
H&R Block At Home Online and software solutions also have been upgraded to provide a more convenient and straight-forward tax preparation experience for do-it-yourself filers. New features include:
- Real-time tax advice: For more than 10 years, H&R Block has offered tax advice from H&R Block tax professionals in its digital products. This year, H&R Block has expanded that offering to include real-time chat with a registered tax professional.
- DeductionPro: This popular tool for calculating the value of certain charitable deductions is now integrated into H&R Block At Home Deluxe and Premium solutions.
- Customized interview: For returning clients with a simple tax situation, H&R Block helps save time with a streamlined interview based on the information from the previous year return. Based on their answers, clients only see what is relevant to them, saving time and improving accuracy.
File a return on-the-go via smartphone or iPad
For tax filers on-the-go, H&R Block has expanded its suite of tax-filing apps for smartphones and iPad:
- H&R Block 1040EZ app is now available in Spanish and helps consumers file a simple federal 1040EZ from their smartphone for free through Feb. 15.
- H&R Block At Home app for iPad now offers the full suite of H&R Block At Home Online products for the simplest and most complex returns. The app offers simple navigation and the ability to toggle between devices, so clients can start a return via iPad and complete it on a PC.
- Block Live app for iPad lets consumers get assistance from a tax professional from anywhere, anytime via video chat. Block Live is like bringing an H&R Block tax office anywhere taxpayers would like to file a return.
- H&R Block app is a convenient way to check the status of a refund, find a nearby office, set an appointment or read tax tips. It’s like having a tax professional at the ready.
Have you entered the Dreamfund Facebook contest yet? You can enter every week for more chances to win, plus if you share your entry via Facebook or twitter and someone enters via your link, you get an additional entry in the contest! There’s only a few weeks left to enter, so hurry!
Making dreams come true
Through Feb. 5, H&R Block At Home will be giving away a $20,000 grand prize per week to make someone’s tax dream come true by visiting the Dreamfund app on Facebook. In addition, taxpayers can win one of $100 instant prizes each day throughout the contest.
Taxpayers who enter their Dreamfund wish and share it with friends have a chance to win the grand prize. Contestants can enter once per week, or more if they share with friends who also enter the contest. Detailed rules can be found on the Dreamfund page.
Not only do you have a chance to win $20,000 in their online contest, but 4 lucky My Boys and Their Toys readers will win an $85 code to cover the cost of one federal and state tax preparation with H&R Block At Home Premium!
Enter below for your chance to win an $85 H&R Block code (4 winners)!
Disclosure: All opinions are my own and may differ from yours. I received the above mentioned product for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received. Thank You to H&R Block for the review & giveaway item.